How To Generate Meeting Time Slots Using the Meeting Scheduler¶
Revenue Inbox enables you to schedule meetings with your business contacts without any extra back-and-forth email correspondence. Select available time slots in your calendar, also considering availability of your colleagues involved, create and send out interactive meeting invites, get your calendar automatically updated according to the recipient’s time choice. Additionally, Revenue Inbox will add activities created this way immediately to your Salesforce.
To schedule a meeting via RI Meeting Scheduler by sharing your preferred time slots through an interactive invitation:
1. Open an email from/to recipient(s) which you want to initiate a meeting with or create a new email message by clicking the New email or the Reply button in MS Outlook ribbon and specify one or multiple recipients in the To, Cc, or BCC fields.
2. In Revenue Inbox sidebar, click the Time slots icon in the Smart actions bottom toolbar.
3. On the first page of Revenue Inbox’s Meeting Scheduler, fill in the details:
- Meeting subject. This field is prefilled with the subject of related email message; you can modify it according to your preferences
- Organizers. Specify users from your Org to be assigned the meeting’s organizer(s)
- Location and duration
- In the Location picklist you can select a location retrieved from your MS Exchange rooms resources or manually enter a location or conference room link; in addition, Revenue Inbox stores five latest locations you used for your meetings and displays them for quick access as recent rooms in the picklist
- Select Duration from the picklist. The minimum duration is 15 min, the maximum is 2 hours, the increase step is 15 min.
You can also change the meeting time zone in the Slots in drop-down list at the bottom of the dialog (by default it’s set in your client’s time zone)
- Save to Salesforce record. In this field you can select the primary Business record (e.g. an Account or Opportunity) to be associated with the event in Salesforce. Please note that if you leave this field blank, the event will not be auto-shared in Salesforce
- Save to Lead or Contact. In this field you can select additional Person records (e.g. Leads or Contacts) to be associated with the event in Salesforce.
- Attendees (required); Attendees (optional). Required attendees are the key meeting participants, optional attendees are additional meeting participants. These fields are prefilled with email addresses/Contact names from respectively the To/CC fields and the BCC field of the email selected in MS Outlook. You can add more attendees by entering their email addresses/Contact names in this field or remove attendees from the invitation by clicking the ( x ) next to their email addresses/Contact names. You can drag and drop items between the fields.
Note that in the Attendees list external ones (not belonging to your Org) are listed on top, the internal (in-Org) ones are listed below them.
- Body (Description) Additional event information to be used as meeting description in the Exchange/Office 365 calendar and in Salesforce. Please note that it will not be included into the text of the invitation email generated by Meeting Scheduler.
After all required fields are filled in, click Next.
You can hide the advanced Time slots dialog’s fields and controls which you do not use when creating meetings, just click the v (collapse) icon next to the Advanced options section title.
4. Next, Revenue Inbox will read your MS Outlook or Google calendar data and build daily tables of your unoccupied time slots. Choose the meeting date using the calendar control at the top of the Meeting Scheduler screen and then pick one or multiple available meeting time spans by clicking on a free slot and dragging the cursor down; selected time spans can be bigger than the meeting Duration specified at the previous step but cannot be shorter.
Note that you can select multiple time slots on different dates: after you have picked slots on one date and then switch to another date using the calendar control at the top, all previously selected slots are kept. Click Next after selecting the needed meeting slots to proceed.
Automatic Parsing of In-Org Mandatory Attendees’ Availability¶
For your convenience, if any of the meeting’s attendees are your colleagues (their email addresses recognized as internal), their parsed calendars will also be shown at this step, so you will be able to select meeting time slots also suiting their calendars:
Additionally, in the latest Revenue Inbox updates you can setup MS Outlook reminders to be created automatically for meetings initiated via Meeting Scheduler, using the Reminder field.
In the latest updates of Revenue Inbox if you select several adjacent time slots, they do not get merged and several different slot links are generated. Additionally, please note that time slots can no longer be selected within a day-long span reserved for all-day calendar events, including tentative, busy, out of office ones ; however, free and working elsewhere (non-mandatory) all-day events do not impose this limitation and are no longer indicated in Meeting Scheduler’s calendar. The same handling patterns are also applied for non-all-day meetings and appointments. Also note that slots marked as Tentative in your calendar are parsed as Available both on the slots selection page and the booking page of RI Meeting Scheduler.
5. Click Finish in the upper right corner of the dialog to insert generated time slots links into your email message.
If you want to set a custom Time slots message template, refer to this article.
How to Pick Time Slots (Recipient Side)¶
The recipient getting the meeting invitation links will be able to select their preferred slot for the meeting from among the possible options you suggested by clicking the necessary slot in the interactive table or dragging the Book a meeting control into it. Additionally, the recipients can select their actual time zone in the upper left corner of the scheduling page in order to learn what local time the time slots correspond to.
After a slot is selected, a confirmation dialog will appear. See the screenshots below.
Once the first recipient selects a time slot, the calendars of the organizer and other attendees will be automatically updated and a corresponding email notification will be sent out to them.
If the meeting time slots links are sent to multiple recipients (potential attendees), only the slot picked by the first attendee who books the meeting is considered, the rest attendees will not be able to pick other time slots, the time slot choice will locked for them:
The time slot links are valid for two weeks; they expire after the meeting time passes or 14 days after they are generated. A meeting can be scheduled for any date in the future, but the recipients must pick their preferred time slots within 14 days. This period can be adjusted on request.
Please note that when you are using this feature from the Sidebar running in MS Outlook on a mobile device you will not be able to edit the text of the resulting email – a pre-configured Salesforce message template will be used instead and the message with the links you generated will be sent by the Add-In directly.