Handling Synchronization Issues¶
When using Revenue Inbox, you may encounter the following data syncing issues, which are monitored via Revenue Inbox Sync dashboard.
- Synchronization issue. They are logged when Revenue Inbox encounters conflicts when synchronizing your data.
- Account credentials changed. Occurs when your Salesforce or MS Exchange/Office 365/Gmail credentials have changed and Revenue Inbox can no longer access your data.
Additional information about a sync issue can be found in the Dashboard. If unable to resolve the issue locally, you can get our Support Team‘s assistance by clicking the Help me resolve this issue button under an issue and submitting a detailed issue description by email. In addition, for cases when Revenue Inbox cannot access you Salesforce or Exchange data or when the synchronization fails for 10 times consecutively, you will receive a notification email informing you of the problem.
Resolving Synchronization Issues¶
A synchronization issue occurs when Revenue Inbox is unable to synchronize data between Salesforce and Microsoft Exchange due to some reason. Usually, these issues are caused by incomplete data in your email application (like missing contact’s last name) or by Salesforce-side rules that may prevent users from editing or deleting records of certain types.
If a synchronization issue occurs, Revenue Inbox uses one of the methods to notify the user about the situation:
- The record for which an issue occurred is assigned to two categories – the “Sync Error” category and the category that represents the issue description.
* Information about sync issues registered is displayed on the Issues page in the Revenue Inbox Dashboard. To view issues for a certain record type, under Issues, select the record type. Note that you can easily open the Salesforce (or Exchange, depending in the cause) record that caused the issue by clicking the Salesforce (or Exchange) icon in the issue description.
To resolve a synchronization issue, do the following:
- If the issue occurred because the required field is empty, fill in the missing data.
- For other cases (when you do not know how to resolve the issue), it is recommended to contact the technical support (you can click the Help me resolve this issue link and send the email to our Support team).
Note that when you are using Revenue Inbox there should be no other software running that performs data transfer between MS Exchange and Salesforce API (e.g. Salesforce Lightning sync, Salesforce Inbox, Salesforce for Outlook, etc.) Running different MS Exchange – Salesforce sync applications simultaneously will cause sync conflicts and items duplication. If you encounter this kind of unexpected behavior, please check that with your Salesforce admin or, if you are a Salesforce admin, check for such software in the following places: 1. Salesforce Setup > Apps > App Manager ; 2. Connected Apps; 3. Salesforce Login History. After you find apps which cause sync conflicts, please refer to this Salesforce help article to learn how to disable them. Please also note that apps which use Salesforce API but do not exchange data between Salesforce and MS Exchange will not cause sync conflicts.
Renewing Salesforce or Mail Data Access Credentials¶
If your Exchange/Office 365/Gmail or Salesforce credentials expired, Revenue Inbox can no longer synchronize your data. You will receive a notification email informing you of the issue; the corresponding message will also appear in the Dashboard.
To renew your Exchange/Office 365 or Salesforce credentials, follow the steps provided in this article.