Revenue Inbox Managed Package & Salesforce Visual Components Setup¶
This managed package is complementary with the older Invisible Suite package, the two packages can be installed and used simultaneously.
For Org configuration management convenience, Revenue Inbox allows the local Admins to integrate Revenue Inbox controls into their Salesforce user interface, that is implemented as a custom Salesforce Canvas app. It is available for both Salesforce Classic UI and Salesforce Lightning Experience.
You can get the Revenue Inbox managed package here: https://login.salesforce.com/packaging/installPackage.apexp?p0=04t1P00000027fp&isdtp=p1
The managed package is guaranteed to be secure, confidential, and free of any malicious content, under RevenueGrid.com Privacy & Security policies.
The extra features provided by the package¶
1. The possibility to dock Revenue Inbox Sidebar into a user’s Salesforce page, this way enabling various scenarios of convenient emails and calendar data handling directly from users’ Salesforce accounts. It is implemented as a Salesforce Canvas pane; such panes are used to add various visual pages to Salesforce user interface.
Another use for the Salesforce Canvas component is to make Revenue Inbox Admin Panel settings faster to access and manage for the local Admin users, by docking the Admin panel as a Canvas pane onto their Salesforce pages.
2. The package includes and extended set of custom object fields required for advanced RI features functioning. That also covers some of the fields and components added by the older Invisible Suite managed package
3. Direct and handy Salesforce reports access and use. With this component installed, the end users will be able to use a pre-configured set of Salesforce reports or customize reports to be used for their specific needs.
>>> Click to see a screenshot <<<
To install the Revenue Inbox package¶
1. Make sure that you have set up My Domain name for your Salesforce Org and Deployed it to Users. Please follow the instructions in this Salesforce Help video (00:55 - 02:05) to learn how to do that.
2. Open the package installation link:
3. Log in to your Salesforce account (it must have Admin permissions in your Org) 4. Select the checkbox I acknowledge that I’m installing a Non-Salesforce Application that is not authorized for distribution as part of Salesforce’s AppExchange Partner Program to permit installation. 5. Indicate if you want to install the package for all users in your org, for specific user profiles, or for only for the Admins 6. Click the Install button in the lower right corner of the page
Please note that both RI Add-In and Chrome Extension as well as Synchronization work without installing this Suite (or setting up the necessary custom fields manually) – but in this case some useful features will be unavailable.
Uninstalling the Revenue Inbox package¶
Follow the steps below if you need to uninstall the Revenue Inbox package from your Salesforce org:
1. Log in to your Salesforce account (it must have Admin permissions in your org)
2. Open Setup menu in Salesforce
3. Enter installed packages in the Quick find field in the upper left corner of the page and select Installed Packages
4. Find Revenue Inbox in the list of installed packages and click the Uninstall button next to it
5. Scroll down to the bottom of the page that appears and select the checkbox Yes, I want to uninstall this package and permanently delete all associated components, then click Uninstall
Specific fields, classes, and components the Revenue Inbox package adds to your Salesforce configuration:
|Component name / function||Parent object||Component type|
|RG_Signals||Visualforce Page (SFDC Canvas pane)|
|Opty_RG_Connections||Visualforce Page (SFDC Canvas pane)|
|Opty_RG_Signals||Visualforce Page (SFDC Canvas pane)|
|Opty_RG_Engagement||Visualforce Page (SFDC Canvas pane)|
|Opty_RG_Activity||Visualforce Page (SFDC Canvas pane)|
|Opty_RevenueGrid||Visualforce Page (SFDC Canvas pane)|
|UserUI||Visualforce Page (SFDC Canvas pane)|
|RevenueGrid||Visualforce Page (SFDC Canvas pane)|
|AdminUI||Visualforce Page (SFDC Canvas pane)|
|RG_Pipeline||Visualforce Page (SFDC Canvas pane)|
|Invisible Suite||Connected App|
|Opps closing next 90d w/o activity 30d||Report|
|Activities per Sales Rep||Report|
|Opportunities w/o planned Activity||Report|
|Opps closing next 30d w/o activity 7d||Report|
|Opportunities that need reply||Report|
|Revenue Inbox reports||Report Folder|
|Opportunity Last touch||Report|
|Revenue Inbox: Stalled opportunities||Dashboard|
|Inbound Emails Last Week||Report|
|Revenue Inbox: Sales Activity report||Dashboard|
|Completed Events: Last Week with Invitees||Report|
|Opps older than 150d w/o activity 60d||Report|
|Revenue Inbox reports||Dashboard Folder|
|Last Activity Date||Contact||Custom Field|
|Last Inbound Email Date||Lead||Custom Field|
|Last Event Date||Opportunity||Custom Field|
|Last Inbound Email Date||Contact||Custom Field|
|Last Activity Date||Lead||Custom Field|
|Last Event Date||Contact||Custom Field|
|Last Event Date||Lead||Custom Field|
|Needs Reply||Opportunity||Custom Field|
|Last Activity Date||Opportunity||Custom Field|
|Last Outbound Email Date||Lead||Custom Field|
|Last Inbound Email Date||Opportunity||Custom Field|
|Last Outbound Email Date||Contact||Custom Field|
|Last Outbound Email Date||Opportunity||Custom Field|
Set up the Revenue Inbox app in Salesforce¶
After the managed package has been installed, you can proceed to setting up the Revenue Inbox app in Salesforce.
Follow the video guide below to learn how to do that.
Adding Revenue Inbox components to Salesforce user interface¶
After you set up the Managed Package and configure the app in Salesforce, you can dock Revenue Inbox panes (widgets) in Salesforce User Interface. Follow the video guide below to learn how to do that.