Supported Email Clients for Gmail and G Suite Mail Services¶
Please find the list of compatible email clients below. Note, it’s recommended to update your email client to the latest version for the best experience with Revenue Inbox.
|Email Client||Supports Sync||Supports Sidebar Add-In|
|Gmail Web Interface, G Suite||Yes||Yes ( Chrome Extension )|
|Microsoft Outlook 2013, 2016, 2019 for Windows*||Yes***||Yes+Pin**|
|Microsoft Outlook 2016, 2019 for Mac||Yes***||Yes***|
|Microsoft Outlook on the Web (Outlook.com)||Yes***||Yes***|
|Outlook app for iOS or Android||Yes***||Yes***|
Any other desktop or mobile client
that can be connected to Microsoft Exchange
and supports folders and/or categories, e.g. iOS Mail app
* This scenario is only compatible with the Desktop (.MSI) implementation of Revenue Inbox, and within it only the following two of RI Add-In’s functions will be available: saving of emails in read mode and retrieval of related records
** What does ‘Yes+Pin’ mean? the Add-In’s Sidebar can be ‘pinned’, that is, set to open automatically for relevant items you select, so you will not need to open it every time when browsing emails or meetings in your email client.
*** You need to connect your Gmail account with any Outlook.com/Office 365 account to use this functionality. Don’t worry - your email address won’t be changed to @outlook.com, you’ll still use your Gmail email address. Here are the quick steps:
- Create an Outook.com/Office 365 account or use any existing one you have access to.
- Connect Gmail to this Outlook.com/Office 365 account using this instruction from Microsoft.
- Add the Outlook.com/Office 365 account to the email client in which you want to use Add-In.
- Enable the Add-In for the Outlook.com/Office 365 account. Please refer to the section ‘Installing Revenue Inbox Outlook Add-In’ of this KB article for more information.
Since Revenue Inbox is a cloud solution, if used in Office.com/Outlook.com, it can run in a browser. Please check browser’s compatibility and update your browser to the latest version for the best experience with Revenue Inbox.
Note that this solution for working Gmail email is not the recommended one, it’s much more efficient to use the RI for Salesforce and Gmail Chrome Extension, which only runs in Google Chrome browser.
|Internet Explorer 11||Full|
|Safari (Including iOS version)||Full|
|Android Mobile browser||Full|
|Internet Explorer 10||Compatible|
|Internet Explorer 9 or lower||No|
If your email client is Microsoft Outlook for Windows, please make sure the latest version of MS Edge is installed in your system because it is used to render the Sidebar in Outlook.