Mass Deployment of the Product for Office 365 Mailboxes¶
Besides rolling out the product for the end users, it is highly recommended to install the Revenue Inbox managed Salesforce app in your Org; it will enable the full scope of RI features on the Salesforce side.
Please refer to this article for instructions how to mass deploy the Add-In in MS Exchange 2013, 2016, 2019.
To install the Revenue Inbox Add-In for your organization, do the following:
1. Open the Office 365 admin center.
2. In the admin center, go to Settings > Services and add-in’s.
- Click the Deploy Add-In button.
- In the window that appears, choose the location that you want to install Revenue Inbox from. You can install the Add-In from the Office store or from a URL or file location.
- I want to add the Add-In from the Office Store.At the Office Store, find “Revenue Inbox for Salesforce” and click Add.
- I have a URL for the manifest file. In the URL field, enter the full URL for the Revenue Inbox for Salesforce manifest file and click Install.
- I have the manifest file (.xml) on this device. Select Browse, navigate to the location of the Revenue Inbox for Salesforce manifest file and click Next.
- Wait while Office 365 prepares the Add-In for deployment. Once the process is complete, click Next.
- Set the default visibility of the Revenue Inbox Add-In and click Next. Check the screenshot for more details.
- Optional, enabled. Use this setting to have the Revenue Inbox for Salesforce Add-In enabled by default, allowing the users to disable it if needed.
- Optional, disabled. Use this setting to have the Revenue Inbox for Salesforce Add-In disabled by default, allowing the users to enable it if needed.
- Mandatory, always enabled. Users will not be able to disable the Add-In. Use this setting when you do not want the users to be able to disable the Add-In.
- Select which users in your company will be using Revenue Inbox: Specific Users/Groups (the usual choice) or Everyone (every MS Outlook App or Web user in your company).
8. Click Save.
Besides deploying the Add-In for the end users, it is important to ensure that its incoming and outgoing connections are not blocked by a corporate firewall. Refer to this article for their list.
Setting the Default (Initial) Customization¶
In the latest Revenue Inbox updates the default (initial) set of customization settings can be defined by local Revenue Inbox Admin, to be applied right after the product is installed or after customization is reset to default by clicking the Reset to default settings button in Customization page header. This feature enables quick uniform management of settings for different user categories and facilitates restoring product functioning after unwanted adjustments were made in the settings.
Defining Individual Synchronization Settings for a User or a Group of Users¶
In the latest Revenue Inbox updates it is possible to push pre-defined synchronization settings to groups of users and individual users within an Org, or to all users of an Org; the users can be allowed or disallowed to adjust these settings. If you need to preset customized sync settings to different users in your Org, send us a corresponding request to our Support team