Revenue Inbox Desktop (MSI) and Cloud (Web) Implementations Compared¶
Besides the differences in deployment summarized in this table, Revenue Inbox Desktop (.MSI) and Cloud (Web) versions have minor differences in their feature sets.
Cloud (Web) version features not present in the Desktop (.MSI) version¶
- Requires no installation, just needs to be enabled in MS Exchange web admin panel
- Works in Outlook for Mac, or in Outlook.com or Office 365 opened in a browser
- Native mobile Add-In support in Outlook for iOS or Android
- Not compatible with MS Outlook 2010
- Allows inserting files as MS Outlook item attachments when creating new email or calendar items
- Salesforce sign-in should only be made once per account
- Suggestions on creating new Tasks / Events based on key phrases retrieved from message body are displayed in Smart Actions bar > More… > Observations
- Revenue Inbox Sidebar can be pinned (fixed for auto-opening when an email or calendar item is selected or opened) in:
- Office 365 or C2R (click-to-run) Outlook 2016 or later for Windows
- build 7668.2000 or later for users in the Current or Office Insider Channels
- build 7900.xxxx or later for users in Deferred channels), Outlook 2016 or later for Mac (version 16.13.503 or later), and Outlook Online (Outlook.com)
- Tracking of addresses listed in an email’s BCC field by Initial Search can only be enabled in the Cloud (Web) implementation of Revenue Inbox
Desktop (.MSI) features not present in the Cloud (Web) version¶
Since the early 2020, only this RI implementation supports scenarios involving POP/IMAP and SMTP mail servers and working with Gmail accounts
Revenue Inbox Sidebar can be pinned (marked for auto-opening when an email is selected in the Inbox, Sent, or Salesforce folder) in:
- Office 365 or C2R (Click-to-Run) Outlook 2016 or later for Windows (build 7668.2000 or later for users in the Current or Office Insider Channels, build 7900.xxxx or later for users in Deferred channels)
- Outlook 2016 or later for Mac (version 16.13.503 or later)
Can not be pinned in: Outlook 2016 and later set up with Windows Installer (after update 16.0.4738.1000). Refer to this article to learn how to define if your MS Outlook installation is Click-to-Run or set up with Windows Installer.
Sidebar pinning state is separated for inspector and explorer Outlook window types. More details here.
Sidebar pinning is also available for MS Outlook calendar.
Delegated calendars support:
MS Outlook 2010 full support (with RI Add-In)
MS Exchange 2010 full support (with RI Add-In)
Minor limitation: this implementation requires periodic re-signing in to Salesforce (once every 2-3 days, depending on the local security settings)
In this implementation, the Log a Call icon is put in Smart Actions