Mass Deployment of Revenue Inbox in MS Exchange 2013, 2016, 2019¶
Besides rolling out the product for the end users, it is highly recommended to install the Revenue Inbox managed Salesforce app in your Org; it will enable the full scope of RI features on the Salesforce side.
Please refer to this article for instructions how to mass deploy the Add-In in Office 365.
To mass-deploy Revenue Inbox Add-In in your company, do the following:
1. Open the Exchange admin center. Please refer to the following articles to find out how to access the Exchange admin center for your organization:
2. In the Exchange admin center, go to Organization > Add-Ins (Exchange 2016/2019) or Apps (Exchange 2013).
3. Click the + (Add) button and then choose the source that you want to install Revenue Inbox from. You can install the Add-In from the Office store or from a URL or file location:
- Add from the Office Store. At the Office Store, find “Revenue Inbox for Salesforce” and click Add.
- Add from a URL. In the URL field, enter the full URL for the Revenue Inbox for Salesforce manifest file and click Install.
- Add from file. Select Browse, navigate to the location of the Revenue Inbox for Salesforce manifest file and click Next.
The “Revenue Inbox for Salesforce” Add-In will appear in the list of available apps.
4. Make Revenue Inbox for Salesforce available to the users in your organization. To do this, in the list of available add-ins, double-click “Revenue Inbox for Salesforce.com”. The Edit Add-in settings dialog box will appear.
5. To make the Add-In available to all users in your organization, select the Make this app available to users in your organization checkbox and then select one of the following options:
- Optional, enabled by default. Use this setting to have the Revenue Inbox for Salesforce Add-In enabled by default, allowing the users to disable it if necessary.
- Optional, disabled by default. Use this setting to have the Revenue Inbox for Salesforce Add-In disabled by default, allowing the users to enable it if necessary.
- Mandatory, always enabled. Users can’t disable this app. Use this setting when you do not want to allow your users to turn off the Revenue Inbox for Salesforce Add-In.
6. To verify that the Revenue Inbox for Salesforce Add-In was installed successfully for the user, make sure that the Salesforce ribbon group appeared in the Home tab in the user’s MS Outlook.
Setting the Default (Initial) Customization¶
In the latest Revenue Inbox updates the default (initial) set of customization settings can be defined by local Revenue Inbox Admin, to be applied right after the product is installed or after customization is reset to default by clicking the Reset to default settings button in Customization page header. This feature enables quick uniform management of settings for different user categories and facilitates restoring product functioning after unwanted adjustments were made in the settings.
Defining Individual Synchronization Settings for a User or a Group of Users¶
In the latest Revenue Inbox updates it is possible to push pre-defined synchronization settings to groups of users and individual users within an Org, or to all users of an Org; the users can be allowed or disallowed to adjust these settings. If you need to preset customized sync settings to different users in your Org, send us a corresponding request at [email protected].