Working with DocuSign Document Storage from Revenue Inbox¶
DocuSign, a convenient and secure platform for document/contract storage and management, can be effectively accessed from the Revenue Inbox Add-In: after setting up DocuSign you can directly upload and retrieve documents to/from the DocuSign storage in several mouse-clicks in the Sidebar.
Please note that when you click the Add file or Add attachment button in the Sidebar, the files attached to an email are saved in Salesforce, and not in DocuSign. Only the below described procedures are used to work with files stored in DocuSign.
Also refer to this video guide to see how DocuSign integration works in Revenue Inbox.
To Save Email Attachment(s) to DocuSign:
With Revenue Inbox Sidebar open, select the email containing the needed attachment(s) in MS Outlook
In Revenue Inbox Sidebar, open the relevant business record’s Detailed view by clicking > in its header, then click on the Documents tab
You will see the directories structure in your DocuSign storage. Click the Upload Files button at the top of the window
In the “Upload attachments to” dialog window that appears, select the attachment(s) you want to save in DocuSign by filling the corresponding checkboxes, then click Next
On the list, there will also be the “default attachment” - the email message rendered as an .eml file
- In the next Save Attachments to DocuSign dialog window, navigate the directories structure and open the DocuSign folder in which you want to store selected file(s) and click Upload
In the latest Revenue Inbox updates, the folder for attachments saving may be be set automatically - the root folder of the associated object.
- You will see a success toast notification pop up “Selected files were successfully uploaded to DocuSign”
To Attach a File Stored in DocuSign to an Email Message:
Attaching files stored in DocuSign to messages can only be done in compose mode.
1. With Revenue Inbox Sidebar open, compose a new email that you want to attach a file from DocuSign to, by clicking New Email, Reply/Reply all or Forward in MS Outlook
2. In Revenue Inbox Sidebar, open the relevant business record’s detailed view by clicking > in its header, then click on the Documents tab
3. You will see the directories structure in your DocuSign storage that you will be able to navigate through; there will be a paperclip icon next to every file in it
4. To retrieve a file from DocuSign and attach it to the message, click on the paperclip icon
Presently, due to a technical limitation, the Desktop (.MSI) implementation of Revenue Inbox does not allow retrieving documents from DocuSign, that can only be done in the Web (Cloud) implementation of Revenue Inbox.
If your DocuSign storage has just been set up and contains no files, Revenue Inbox will not be able to work with it, displaying an error notification “It seems there are no related documents fount in DocuSign. They could be not generated yet, so please open this record and navigate to the tab with Documents, wait until they are loaded and then refresh Revenue Inbox. In case the issue persists, please contact your Salesforce administrator”. In order to start working with it, please first store any file in your DocuSign via Salesforce.