Clearing Internet Explorer Browser Cache and Cookies to Refresh Revenue Inbox¶
- refresh the Sidebar by right-clicking on it and then selecting Reload
- close and reopen MS Outlook
- log out and then log back in Revenue Inbox
Normally, performing these actions is sufficient to refresh the Sidebar to apply the settings adjustments; however, in some cases clearing MS Internet Explorer cache and cookies may be additionally required. MS Internet Explorer 11 is used to render RI Sidebar in MS Outlook on Windows systems - in both its Cloud (Web) and Desktop (.MSI) implementations. For this reason having Internet Explorer installed on your Windows system is a prerequisite for using the Revenue Inbox Add-In in your MS Outlook - even if you do not use this browser, it is usually installed by default. Your Internet Explorer’s cache and cookies contain Sidebar rendering data; clearing the old data from them will refresh the Sidebar to reflect the changes in settings if other ways did not work out. In addition, cache and cookies clearing can help in certain rare cases of Sidebar interface elements being jumbled or displaying irrelevant data.
To clear Internet Explorer cache and cookies in your Windows system¶
- Press ⊞Win + R, type iexplore and press enter to open Internet Explorer
- In Internet Explorer, click the Gear button in the upper right corner and select Internet options
- In the General Internet Options tab that opens, click Delete… under Browsing history
- Select the “Temporary Internet files and website files” and “Cookies and website data” checkboxes; if you use the Internet Explorer browser in your daily activities, you may also want to select the “Preserve Favorites website data”
- Click Delete at the bottom of the dialog window. There will be the following confirmation notification upon clearing your Internet Explorer cache and cookies:
Now your Sidebar will be refreshed, reflecting the latest settings.