Revenue Engage Sequences: Introduction¶
An essential communication automation feature offered by Revenue Engage (RE) is managing campaign Sequences in efficient conjunction with registering all activities and status changes in Salesforce.
RE Sequence is a series of communication steps (actions) performed by a Revenue Engage end user to engage and nurture Leads and Contacts retrieved from your Salesforce, delivering campaign information and collecting their responses via different channels. The steps follow a specific flow set by RE users; both inbound and outbound email communication within a Sequence is automatically registered in Salesforce.
Several consequential Sequences can be used in communication with the same group of prospects. For example, after an initial engagement Sequence is successful with a prospect, you can switch this prospect to a different Sequence for further nurturing.
Another related application of email Sequences, product or service sales can be followed up by use satisfaction and other kinds of surveys or product update notifications via secondary RE Sequences.
Search through by Sequence name, or Filter by stage or owner of a Sequence
Main table of Sequence has:
- Toggle to activate and deactivate a sequence
- Sequence name
- Total number of steps in a sequence and for how many days these steps are stretch to
- “DON’T UPDATE STATUS” tag means that statuses of recipients will not be updated in Salesforce based on progress of a sequence.
- “DON’T PAUSE” tag means once a recipient replies to any of steps, a sequence will not be paused for him/her and the following step will be executed accordingly.
- “DUE DATE” tag shows when a sequence will cold stop. You can set it in a Sequence’s settings’ “Stop sequence at date:” field
- Total number of recipients per Sequence
- How many contacted
- Reply percentage
- Owner of a Sequence
In More Options icon on the right end of every Sequence:
Stop to deactivate an active Sequence - This cannot be undone
Clone to duplicate a Sequence
Archive to put a Sequence to the archive
Delete to remove a sequence completely - available only for Sequences which haven’t been active yet
Click on a sequence. Sequences page consists of four tabs:
- Overview tab, used to manage Sequence steps
- Recipients tab, used to manage the list of Leads/Contacts to be reached via the Sequence
- Analytics tab, includes graphs visualizing Sequence steps statistics
- Settings tab, used to define the Sequence’s specific settings
All Sequences follow a specific lifecycle, which is reflected in Sequence stages (statuses). Some of the stage changes trigger auto-creation of corresponding Revenue Engage Signals and automatic creation/updating of Salesforce records.
When creating a Sequence, if you do not want contacted prospect’s status to be updated in Salesforce automatically when the Sequence proceeds to its next stage, clear the “Update Person status on Sequence Stage Change” checkbox in its settings. That is useful, for example, if running a secondary nurturing email Sequence is required after a primary prospect engagement Sequence was successful.
RE users can mark frequently used Sequences as Favorite, to quickly access and manage or reuse them. To mark a Sequence as favorite, click the star icon in the corresponding column of the Sequences list.
Favorite Sequences will always be brought up to the top of the Sequences list, and in addition all RE to-dos/notifications related to them will be similarly prioritized in Revenue Engage Planner, brought to the top of the list and marked with star icons. Multiple favorite Sequences are sorted according to their creation date, older Sequences ascending to the top. The same sorting pattern is applied to RE Planner to-dos/notifications related to favorite Sequences.